generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, April 17, 2006

A friend in need.

So I got an e-mail today from a good friend of mine Nick (I'm sure most of my other friends got the same e-mail). Nick joined the army over a year ago, and was consequently shipped out to Iraq as a medic. I've written him a couple of times but never actually gotten a response back, so I was hoping for some good news when I opened the e-mail. Unfortunatly that isn't the case. Seems Nick is having a pretty hard time over there in addition to dealing with some pretty heavy emotional issues.

I really feel for Nick, it has got to be hard enough to be half a world away from everyone he knows and loves, but its got to be even worse to pile on a load of depression. My feelings and prayers go out to him, and I hope he's able to work through all this stuff going on over there, as well as in his own life. I know I'm not alone in these feelings either, and I'd like to get together with everyone to send him a care package of some sort, though to be truthful, I'm not exactly sure how that would work with going to Iraq and all. Still I'd like to give it a shot, so anyone interested in lending a hand, or wanting to send something over give me a shout.

3 Comments:

Blogger Todd M. Stephanuik said...

Of course I am interested in helping out, and I think it's a great idea. Just tell me what I can do and I'm on it.

1:47 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Endicott said...

I am in. We will talk friday.

1:48 PM

 
Blogger Centaur Steve said...

Yes I'm short in reading these but I'd like to send something as well, albeit that 'm here in kenosha and such. if anything just send him a piece of paper with my name written on it stated that it's an "I.O.U. care package item". (if anything he should get a kick out of it).

10:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home