generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Karma is a bitch.

If you believe in karma, reincarnation and that sort of business, I must have been Adolph Hitler in a previous life. I don't know what life has against me, but no matter how hard I try no matter how hard I struggle it always screws me. I saved and struggled for 2 years to scrape enough together to buy something I've always wanted. I balanced all the books, and everything was a'ok. Sure it was expensive, but as long as nothing completely crazy happened I'd be fine. So after spending all morning lifting furniture, readjusting things, and throwing piles of garbage away, I left for work feeling very pleased with myself. Not only had I completely paid t, until my cars transmission went 1/2 a mile away from work. There I sat at a red light, pressing the gas, my car simply revving and not going anywhere, and I realized I'd been kicked squarely in the nuts again.

I pushed the car a block and a half, by myself, laying my shoulder into the drivers side window, and flailing my arms at the wheel in a vein attempt to steer. Since I'm a guy, the only help I got were friendly horns blared as vehicles drove past, lots of interesting curse words, and a few fingers. Its as if people thought, 'Hey, there's a guy pushing a car uphill towards a parking lot half a block away. His life can't be miserable enough, lets blare our horns at him to show that his pushing a car down the shoulder is a tiny inconvenience to me, as I may perhaps, possibly wish to use that shoulder at some point.' I finally got it into the parking lot at Krispy Kream, and then had to push it uphill into an out of the way parking space to avoid having someone call to have the thing towed. All I can do now is hope maybe its something little, easily fixed, and that I won't have to use the last of my money to purchase a really shitty replacement vehicle.

I just feel like shit right now. I'm sore. My chest hurts, my shoulder hurts, my calves hurt. I'm exhausted not only from pushing the car, but from all the cleaning and rearranging I've been doing. I'm stuck here at work, my least favorite place on the planet, and on top of that, my dad is going to be absolutely furious with me. He yelled at me up and down about what a waste of money this couch was, and now my cars dead. It just feels like I can't ever have anything nice because every time I try *wham!*.

I just don't know what I'm going to do. The tow alone is going to run $100 bucks. All I can think of is that had this happened a day sooner I wouldn't be in this position. Why the hell did it have to happen now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home