generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Look at the time.

Wow, its been awhile since I've updated. Sorry about that, its not by choice I can assure you. My internet connection is still down at my home, and work has been just a bear. First off my manager has decided that its mandatory I sell computers. I'm not a salesman, I'm a technician, and while I may be the only person in the world to think so, I believe there is a crucial difference between the two. Namely that as a technician in order to get your business I restrict myself to a set of moral principals, and conduct. I won't lie to you, just to make a sale, I'm concerned with fixing your computer by the best means possible. If I don't hold myself to these scruples I don't think I can do my job properly, given the conditions I work in. Yet everyday I'm asked to put these beliefs on hold. Just today my manager told me to not only out right lie to customers, but that my job was to make sure they emptied as much cash as possible into 'his' registers through any means necessary. When I suggested it might be easier simply to knock them out, and hold them upside down over the register whilst shaking vigorously he said, "I can't condone violence against our customers, but whatever works."

At any rate, what this means for me is that everything he finds me not working on a computer for a split second, he screams at me to get on the floor and sell a computer. I've tried explaining to him, that I'm working on four machines, and that they're right in the middle of updating, but that doesn't seem to penetrate his thick skull. *sigh* I really hate this job.

On that note however, there is a small glimmer of hope for escape. I was contacted by a consulting company looking for extra help in Orland. While they need someone with a little more experience they seemed to really like me and said they'd call me back this week with another potential job opening. So there is hope.

In other news, I'm REALLY looking forward to RPing on Friday, especially since I may not get to do anything with anyone until the next Friday since they're talking about forcing me to work Wednesday evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Endicott said...

Yeah you have "Ben" missed (sorry it just was to good of a pun to pas up). At least you last name or middle isn't "Sorely"..HAHAHAHAHA....Ah come on it was funny.

Any who I can relate to what you are saying about the gig. I am burning candles and praying that you get a new job that is better for you. This place in Orland sounds hopeful and good, so cross every finger. I know I am.

I am truly pleased that IK is going so well and that you all like it so much.

Oh I won't be here this friday....


JUST JOKING!

I am such a stinker >:)

May the Force be with you

Excelsior!!!

12:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home