generated by sloganizer.net

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Outtage

Just in case anyone happens to be wondering why I haven't posted in awhile, its as a result of a combination of things. First off, my internet connection is down at home. I believe the SBC DSL modem is shot, but I won't be able to contact them during tech support hours until Tuesday, which means I won't have a new modem until Friday at the earliest. I'm hoping it is the modem, because I can't afford to replace the router right now.

On top of that, as I've already mentioned, my hours have been drastically cut. I'm barely working enough to afford gas in my car to get to my job, so having enough time to post blog updates simply isn't possible.

Anyways, for those of you expecting to see me online anytime soon, I'm sorry, it's just not going to happen.

Work today has just been a barrel of fun. First off we've got a problem with our printer. See, initially we had a nice color laser jet printer. Not top of the line, but it did its job. The problem is, the managers, and others constantly print off this thing, and we were running out of red ink on an almost monthly basis (Red being the color just about everything here is printed on). Laser Jet toner is not cheap, and the upper management decided that we, my department, was wasting to much expensive ink. Therefore they decided we should use a printer with cheaper ink, and we got a stupid little Photosmart printer. Some of you, I know, can already see the idiocy thats unfolding here. First off, a laser jet is designed for bulk printing, the toner costs a ton, because its 10 times as big, at least. A photosmart on the other hand, has a dinky little red (magenta) toner cartridge that runs out every other day. Since management has refused to buy us a new toner for the big laser jet, we've easilly run through 4 cartridges of red ink for the Photosmart. On top of this asanine situation, there are certain employees here who think its great fun to mess with the photosmart. They change settings on the damn thing, and otherwise prevent it from functioning normally just to screw with my department. To them its all a big joke, to me, its a friggen headache, since its such a ball explaining to another customer that he'll have to wait ten minutes while I fix the printer, yet again, thanks to my idiot coworkers.

*sigh*

In other news, good news, I had a great time RPing with Matt, Todd, and Val the other night. We're RPing through a semi original adventure of Matts in the IK setting. I'm playing a Dwarven Arcane Mechanik and loving it. I haven't gotten to build anything yet, but I'll probably do a bit of footwork this week in preparation for Friday to have a couple of interesting inventions ready. I think the highlight was the fact that Todd's character, and mine ended up owning a bar, complete with orphans, I'm going to have fun with this I can tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Endicott said...

Yeah friday was a blast. I am just glad that it going so well. The last several times have been somewhat disasters and it has been discouraging.
Oh the logic of companies is something that even Toddgic cannot describe. I have been there and I sympathise.
Hope all works with the DSL.

May the Force be with you

Excelsior!!!

11:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home