generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ewwwww Work.

So the buggers have cut my hours. I'm getting about 12 less hours a week then I was previously and that really hurts. I'm going to call about that other tech job in a few minutes, hopefully my lack of A+ certification won't be a problem. The truth is, I've never understood A+. I've got a degree, and years of experience in the field, that should be worth 300x more then a silly A+ certificate. Unfortunatly, the world is ruled by HR monkeys for whom shiny little certificates (oooohhh look shiny) hold more weight then actual training and experience.

I suppose with the lower hours, I should really just cut my losses and plow through the A+ book and get the damn thing, it just feels like I'm caving in to an unjust system, and I hate that with a passion. I guess I'm being silly, but the idea of pretty much just paying some group 120 bucks so that they same I'm a good enough tech rather then letting my training and experience speak for itself sounds like a bribe.

I really need to get out of this job though, so I suppose I'd best tell my pride to shut up, and do it, because its taking a bigger beating from run ins with folks I went to college with who consider my present job a joke.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Endicott said...

Bowing to the bullshit that the real world requires is never an easy thing. What they hold as credintials in my opinion is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

We must do what we must do. When you dance with the devil sometimes you have to let him lead.

May the Force be with you

Excelsior!!!

3:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home