generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Things in this life and movies too

Not to much going on, but I do have some things I'd like to make everyone aware of.

First off, the loft has a new addition. A brand new, expensive, leather couch. It will be arriving early Thursday morning and I'll be helping the movers put it up there. Its a Flexsteel, so assuming I care for it properly the thing will last forever. I've never actually owned so much as a leather coat, so any advice or tricks anyone knows for how to care for a leather couch would be appreciated. The leather's a little stiffer then I'd care for, so any tips on how to soften it a touch would also be appreciated.

Please try to be careful around the couch. This is something I've wanted to own since High School, and I've been putting money aside almost as long. Its also the second most expensive thing I've ever purchased in my life. I'm not going to come up with a list of silly rules or something, I trust you guys are smart enough to figure out stuff like sitting on leather in a wet swim suit is a bad idea, but just be careful.

In other, furniture esque related news, my dad found a large 'dental cabinet'. Basically its a big stand up cabinet to hold dental equipment. While not what one would normally expect to be news or anything, I think this thing has finally solved my question about what to do with all the crap under the big gamming table. Assuming that I can fit everything in there, I think I may begin dismantling the table for something a little smaller considering how we hardly use the thing, and it does take up a good 1/4 of the lofts total space.

Finally we're (at least Matt and I) going to have a movie day on Sunday the 5th to break in the couch. Anyone, and everyone is welcome as always. Bring at least two movies that you think everyone should watch. We'll see about food on Sunday, probably pizza or maybe we'll grill depending on weather.

3 Comments:

Blogger Todd M. Stephanuik said...

Fuck Yeah movie day!!! WOOHOO!!!

Can't wait.

11:44 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Endicott said...

Ah the fun begins. I cannot wait.

Gilling sounds fun no matter the weather! I can take it for some fire licked burgers or steaks!

Look forward to seeing the couch

May the Force be with you

Excelsior!!!

1:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm back! Wooo!!

I'm down with movies on Sunday, I'll even bring a few that I brought back home. Grilling sounds fun, just let me know what kind of stuff we need and I have no problem picking it up. Can't wait to check out the couch. Peace!

Miles

11:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home